-->
  • Memorable quotes for Dead Poets Society (1989) ~



    John Keating: Close your eyes, close your eyes! Close 'em! Now, describe what you see. 
    Todd Anderson: Uh, I-I close my eyes. 
    John Keating: Yes. 
    Todd Anderson: Uh, and this image floats beside me. 
    John Keating: A sweaty-toothed madman. 
    Todd Anderson: A sweaty-toothed madman with a stare that pounds my brain. 
    John Keating: Oh, that's *excellent*! Now, give him action - make him do something! 
    Todd Anderson: H-His hands reach out and choke me. 
    John Keating: That's it! Wonderful, wonderful! 
    Todd Anderson: And all the time he's mumbling. 
    John Keating: What's he mumbling? 
    Todd Anderson: Mumbling truth. 
    John Keating: Yeah, yes. 
    Todd Anderson: Truth like-like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. 
    John Keating: [some of the class start to laugh] Forget them, forget them! Stay with the blanket. Tell me about that blanket! 
    Todd Anderson: Y-Y-You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. You kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying t-to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream. 
    [long pause then class applauds] 
    John Keating: Don't you forget this.
    picture ; google images

  • You might also like

    Tiada ulasan: